Search engine optimization (SEO) is the procedure by which you can boost up the volume and quality of traffic to your website from search engines through “natural” (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results for targeted keywords.
The thumbrule is…the earlier your site is accessible in the search results; the more searchers will visit it.
Google, Yahoo and MSN are the three out of thousands of search engines that will bring you most of the traffic.
Don’t bark up the wrong tree!
When it comes to generating search engine traffic, you have to remain careful not only about the plethora of outdated information being circulated so widely but also of those ideas which if acted upon, can result in your site being banned.
Here are the tips below that would help you in figuring out a basic perceptive of how you can craft user-friendly web pages, easily understood by the most popular search engines:
1. Once or twice in maximum, use the <b> </b> tags around some of your keywords on each page.
2. Use links of other websites in most of your pages. When you do it, the search engine gets the message that you have lots of valuable content. Make sure that all your links come in to your home page. Anyone doing it simply tells the search engine that the site is a shallow one of little or no value.
3. Get yourself a business address in a foreign country like UK and Canada. These two nations have many directories for websites of companies based in those countries.
4. Submit worthwhile articles to some top rated ezine publishers who keep a store of their ezines. Remember, in their archives, the links stay live often for many years.
5. Include text links, alongwith your image links. As search engine robots go after the first link they find to any particular page, you need to make sure that the text links show up first in the source code. The robots won’t follow the added links to the same page
6. It can happen that you have several subjects that could each prop up their own website. In that case, use multiple domains. There are two reasons behind using multiple domains. First, for any given search, search engines more often than not list only one page per domain, and you might need two. Second, using multiple domains, you can get more directory listings.
7. Exchange articles…yes, they are really useful. You know why? When you bring out someone else’s article with a link back to their site, they too are going to do it with a link back to your site. So what happens? You both have the content and get high quality links.
8. Use heading for your links. Remember, your links can get titles, too. This helps not only the visually impaired surfers, but also some search engines who outline this into their relevancy for a page.
9. Never do too much with the anchor text. Else, all your inbound links would look similar…like automation. Mind you, this is something not accepted by Google. Rather, using your organization’s name and URL is a much better idea.
10. Use site map if your website is a big one. Link the map to and from every page on the site. Once you do this, the search engine robots find every page with just two clicks. You need a map called the navigation bar if your site is a small one.
11. Inside the title tag, slot in the keywords to let the search engine robots know what your page is all about. Remember, inserting a keyword or key phrase enhances the chance of driving the targeted traffic to your site.
12. Treat your title tag like a headline. Do keep in your mind that it’s the text within the title tag which shows up in a search result.
13. If your site contains many pages, use the same keywords as anchor text that would link to the page from other pages on your site. The more keywords…the better.
14. Ensure that the body of your page includes the title tag. When you do this, a relation is formed between the headline and the title of your page. This is preferred even by the search engine robots.
15. Shower your keywords. Do it all through your article. You can also color the most important ones. Doing this once or twice at the top of your article and in the sub-headings can be a good idea.
16. Never use the same title tag on every page. This might lead to non-indexing of your pages.
17. Never stuff your site with hollow and meaningless keywords just to spam the description or keyword metatag. Just put your headline once within the keywords and description tags.
18. Never link your site to link-farms or other search engine unfriendly neighborhoods.
19. Search engines prefer to index human friendly pages. So, never go for doorway pages which are essentially designed for robots.
20. Like the alt tag for images slot in the title tag within the HTML of your text link. This will add weight to the link and the page where the link resides.
21. Let your images be described with the use of the alt tag. This will help not only the search engines to find your pages and but also the readers who use text only web browsers.
22. Last but not the least…never use a submission service or software; rather do that yourself. Else, your site could get penalized or even banned. And submit only once.
Remember, robots follow links and if your site has a nice link trail, you can be rest assured that your entire site will get indexed.
And yes, you can always try the high-quality , free SEO software offered by www.writer4me.com, the No.1 ghostwriting and designing organization as per alexa ranking.