How to Hire a Ghostwriter
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Are you planning to write a book or an ebook? 80% Americans dream of writing a book. Writing a successful book can be rewarding in way of earning as well as social recognition. What, if you are too busy or not sure how to write a book? This is where the necessity of a good ghostwriter comes in. We shall find out how to find and hire a ghostwriter for your book.
- Decide whether you will hire a freelancer ghostwriter or approach an established ghostwriting organization.
- Hiring a freelancer can be slightly cheaper, but there can be greater uncertainty about quality and reliability. Google for popular freelancer sites to locate one. Elance and Guru, are good. GetAFreelancer is okay for very inexpensive freelancers.
- Advertise your project and start receiving bids from freelancer ghostwriters.
- If you go for an established ghostwriting organization, you can avoid the bidding and selection procedure. Rates are fixed and the working system is more organized. You will receive the work edited by an editor.
- Pay the first installment or Escrow the fees to get the work started.
- Sign an agreement.
- Receive the work, read it; suggest edits.
- Pay the final installment or release the escrow.
- Sign a non-disclosure contract with your ghostwriter with the clause of maintaining secrecy.
- Keep a no-plagiarism clause in the contract; meaning, the ghostwriter should not copy exactly from elsewhere.
- There should be a deadline given, which is generally 3 to 6 months for a 250+ page book.
- Choose to pay in installments. The first installment will be an advance.
- Discuss and make the ghostwriter agree to make at least three reverts within 7 days of project completion.
- Send your instructions in as much details as possible.
- Outsourcing ghostwriting to overseas organizations can save you up to 80% of the cost.
- Do a background check about the ghostwriter. Google with the name of the ghostwriter or the organization to find out their reliability.
- Do not pay 100% in advance.
- Use Copyscape to check the originality of the work submitted. If it is not original, do not accept it and ask for an immediate refund.
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world’s largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Hire a Ghostwriter. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.